Geo-Information and Remote Sensing Institute (GRSI)
Objectives of GRSI
The goal of the Geo-Information and Remote Sensing Institute (GRSI) is to contribute to the achievement of sustainable environmental resource utilization in Zimbabwe and the region.
The objective of GRSI is to provide spatial data analysis solutions that would result in the management of the environment and natural resources in a more sustainable manner than would be possible without considering the spatial aspects.
Current Research Areas
The spatial dimension is a required aspect of informed decision making. The GRSI has capacity to design and develop products that embrace the spatial dimension for informed decision making in:
- Natural Resources Management;
- Earth and Water Resources Management; as well as
- Land Administration and Facility Management.
Areas of Collaboration
The activities of the GRSI cover the Natural Resources Management; Earth and Water Resources Management; as well as Land Administration and Facility Management, and can be grouped as follows:
- Collaborative research: Research with local or international institutions targeted at applications using spatial data analysis techniques to enhance resources management.
- Customised service provision: Providing RS and GIS services to the public and private sectors in resources management by designing, developing and implementing methods that include the spatial dimension.
- Product development: Developing spatial data analysis algorithms, models and software, that result in improved decision making about resource utilisation.
For Further Information Contact:
The Director, GRSI
Tel: + 263-4-860321/9