The SIRDC, a Research and Development, and technology transfer organisation, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the positions listed below.
A. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Qualifications and Experience
The incumbent should have the following qualifications and experience:-
- A PhD Degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Extensive experience in Administration and Leadership
- Experience in Financial Management
- Good understanding of Zimbabwean Labour Laws
- Experience in Motivating, Training and Appraising Staff
- Experience in Developing Businesses from Scientific Research and Development
For more details download the full requirements document --> VACANCY - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
B. DIRECTOR - BUILDING TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE
- The minimum qualification will be a Ph D degree in Architecture or Civil/Structural/ Construction Engineering or equivalent;
- At least five (5) years working experience in technical or R & D management related to research and application in the building environment.
C. DIRECTOR -METALLURGICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- The minimum qualification will be a Ph D degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent;
- At least five (5) years working experience in research or industry in the mining, metallurgy or mineral processing industries.
Duties and Responsibilities for positions A - B
- To direct the effective delivery of R & D products and services to industry;
- To provide leadership that motivates the research scientists and engineers in their work;
- To co-ordinate the delivery of technical and analytical services to industry;
- To provide public relations services in order to promote the image of the Institute;
- To provide management and budget control in the operations of the Institute;
- To establish scientific linkages and networks with related organizations at both national and international levels;
- Exercising responsible attitude to staff and institutional assets;
- To identify new technical opportunities;
- To provide such other management functions at the Institute and SIRDC as you may be asked to perform from time to time.
SIRDC, a Research and Development, and technology transfer organisation, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Research Scientistsfor the following positions:
- Molecular Biochemists/Clinical Biochemists/Biochemists
- Structural Engineers
- Water Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Hydro geologists
- Polymer Scientists
- Organic Chemists
Qualifications and Experience
- A good and relevant BSc degree.
- A good and relevant MSc degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years working experience in research or industry.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should send four (4) detailed CVs and application letters stating present salary, date of availability, names and addresses of three contactable referees, contact telephone numbers and addresses to:
The Director - Human Resources
P O Box 6640
1574 Alpes Road
For applicants outside Zimbabwe, use the e-mail address: email@example.com